So it seems that I’ve desperately neglected the blog over the last year or so. I guess I kind of have an excuse because I’ve been a little busy. Here’s a quick recap of what has been going on in our lives.
- December 2011 – We bought a foreclosed home, moved in, and began a complete renovation of the house with lots of help from our family and friends.
- March 2012 – We got a puppy! Hank is a fun, sweet boy, but was lots of work for a while there. I guess that’s puppies for ya!
- April 2012 – I left Changes Hair Design and finally fulfilled my dream of opening Salon Juleen in our new home.
- June 2012 – We found out we were expecting a baby!!! I got my first official bout of “morning” sickness just hours after the positive pregnancy test, and it lasted well into my third trimester.
- January 2013 – Beautiful Baby Emma Grace was born at 37 weeks via Emergency Cesarean Section, due to complications from Pre-eclampsia. I spent 5 days in the hospital and Emma stayed in the NICU for 10 days.
- April 2013 (Today) – Emma is 14 weeks old, and is keeping us extremely busy, and very entertained! I’ve grown to love motherhood more and more every day, and in ways I never could have imagined!
So since we’ve had a few small life changes, I’m going to attempt to get caught up and elaborate on a few of these significant events over the next few weeks/months.
Many of you have known this was coming but some did not. On Monday I finally took a big step toward following my dream! I gave my notice at the salon and today is my very last day there! Why? You might ask… Because while renovating our new home these last few months, we have also built a beautiful home salon! Starting next Monday, April 23rd, I will begin working in my home salon which is just down the road from the old salon!
For any clients who have future appointments already scheduled, you time slot is still being held for you at the new location. Anyone else who would like to schedule an appointment can click the Salon Juleen link at the very top of the page, then click the blue SCHEDULE NOW button to the right. You may also call me directly at 517-896-6814.
Salon Juleen is located in my home at 966 Haslett Rd, Haslett, MI 48840. It is the second house to the east of Green Rd, the first driveway on the left hand side. If you have any trouble finding it, don’t hesitate to call!
Looking forward to seeing you, and serving you, at Salon Juleen!
I haven’t posted much recently, and a lot has happened but I just haven’t been in blogging mode. Here’s an update on a few of the things going on in our lives lately:
* Noob became a Certified Nurse Aide (CNAplus). He took a course through DRM International Learning Center and was able to complete the entire course while he was laid off and he passed his state boards exam last week. I am so proud of him for all his hard work! He started back to work landscaping at CLM this week and will continue working there until he finds a CNA position. Please pray for him that he will be able to find a job quickly! We have a few connections, but if anyone knows of any jobs available we’d appreciate the info!
* My dad finally had the pain pump inserted in his back yesterday. The process of getting to this point was more than a little frustrating, but we are relieved that it finally happened! It’s too soon to tell how well it is working, and the doctors will need to gradually adjust his meds until they find the proper dosage, but we’re hoping for some great results. Pray that he would have a quick recovery and would finally experience some relief!
* Business has been going well for me. I’ve still been doing a lot of networking and have continued to grow my business with new clients. I have also made some recent changes to the way I schedule clients. I am now doing all of my own scheduling, rather than relying on the receptionists at the salon to do it. In the future, if you would like to schedule a hair appointment with me you may either call me directly at 517-896-6814, or you may schedule online. You can either go to my Facebook Business Page, Juleen Kenney, Hair Stylist and click the Schedule Now link in the left column under the profile photo, or go to my business blog Juleen Kenney, Hair & Makeup and click the Schedule Now button on the right side of the page.
It’s that time once again, this Sunday, November 21, 2010 from 12 to 4 pm is the monthly Bridal Open House – Holiday Preview Show at The Atrium Event Center, located at 2685 Jolly Rd, Okemos, MI 48864 (next to Capitol Honda). You can RSVP at http://www.theatriumcenter.com or call 517-336-6900.
Come and meet 20+ vendors, including yours truly! I will be representing Salon Juleen, Hair & Makeup/Mary Kay Cosmetics. Complimentary refreshments will be provided.