10 Things To Be Thankful For Today:
(I haven’t been feeling well and have just been having a rough couple of days, so I needed a little reminder that God is good, and my life is still pretty wonderful)
1. My husband loves me, hugs me and takes care of me… and says I’m really not that bad, even though I know I’m being extremely cranky and emotional.
2. Air conditioning is being installed in the salon today so my clients and I can stay cool now that it’s warming up.
3. My wonderful family has helped us immensely with making our house beautiful and livable!
4. My new salon business is thriving! My regular clients are coming and brand new clients keep scheduling!
5. I FINALLY found the curtains I wanted for my living room and I am going to hang them today!
6. I have four awesome pets, who I hope will some day love each other as much as we love them!
7. It is a gorgeous, warm and sunny day!
8. I was just asked to do hair for another wedding this summer! I wish I could do wedding hair every weekend!
9. My puppy is resting very peacefully in his crate so we can get a few things accomplished without interruption this afternoon.
10. I have half of a Cake Batter Concrete Mixer from Culver’s in my freezer!!!
It’s been much too long since I’ve posted a 10 Things I Am Thankful For list and since it is now November 1st and we’re counting down the days to Thanksgiving I figured I’d start the month of with a list!
1. We SHOULD be closing on our new house sometime in the next 30 days!
2. We will be able to do just about everything we would like to the house right away.
3. Sooo many friends and family members have volunteered to help us move and have offered their time, skills, and tools to help us fix up the house. WE WILL DEFINITELY BE HOLDING YOU ALL TOO IT!!! 🙂
4. We will actually be able to get a Christmas Tree this year, for the first time since we’ve been married!
5. I started going to Elements Fitness for Women and am super excited about all the new classes that I am taking, especially Zumba.
6. Dexter is back on tv and we LOVE getting together with a group of friends every week to watch it!
7. I love my clients and am so thankful for them! They are what motivate me to actually go to work everyday (ok, so the money helps… but the people are what really make my day).
8. Noob is LOVING his job at Whitehills Healthcare and we both really love that he is now working first shift.
9. Our Verizon Wireless Zone store is doing well and Noob is enjoying working there a few days a week.
10. I’m thankful for reconnecting with old friends, making new friends, and figuring out who my true friends are!
I haven’t really posted much in the last few weeks because things have been a little crazy around here. Mostly a lot of good and exciting stuff, but a few things that I’m just not quite ready to post about yet.
One thing I am VERY excited to share is that my dear husband, Noob, started his first day of school this morning! He is getting his CNA+ training at DRM Genesis in Lansing. It is a 6 week full time program, with 4 weeks in the classroom and 2 weeks of clinicals. By the end of March, he could have a whole new career! We’re both very excited! From what we’ve been told, the typical starting wage is several dollars an hour more than he is currently making… AND (drum roll please) it’s year around work! What a concept! HA! He will most likely work three 12 hour shifts a week, so for a while he will continue doing landscaping part time.
We are thrilled by the thought of how this
could WILL change our lives for the better and help us to more quickly reach some of our financial and life goals!
- #1 GOAL – Pay down a lot more debt.
- #2 GOAL – Buy a house.
- #3 GOAL – Start a family.
- And lots more I’ll share at a later date!
Please pray for Noob about his schooling that he would enjoy his time, be motivated to work hard, and that he would do well! Pray also for us as we work toward our goals as well as for some other exciting opportunities that have recently come our way (more on that as things progress). Pray that we will make wise decisions about everything we do, that God would be the center our decisions, and that HE would be glorified through it all!
UPDATE: I forgot to mention that he also received a pell grant to cover the cost of tuition and supplies! That was a big answer to prayer for us!
1. My husband got some extra work this week.
2. LOTS of unexpected business this week for me as well!
3. A great time at The Lansing Turbo Network today, and for all the business that it has produced for me.
4. Getting to spend time with our families this week.
5. Our cat, Max, rescuing us (for the second time) by waking us up in the middle of the night when the pilot light went out in the furnace and the house was filling with gas.
6. Baby Zoey kitty makes me laugh all the time with her funny antics!
7. My women’s bible study that is so encouraging.
8. A potential opportunity for some extra income for us.
9. Warm snuggles on a cold night.
10. Learning new things about myself, and about God this week.